Pasta salad doesn’t have to be dull, and this Curried Chickpea and Mango Pasta Salad is anything but! Sweet mango, creamy mayo and a nice smack of spice from the curry.
If you’re a meal prepper, a batch of this pasta is a great way to make weekday lunches a cinch. Or, if you’re craving sweet and tangy, you can add this as a side or bring it to a potluck. It’s guaranteed to satisfy a crowd!
A true all-season sensation, the blend of ingredients brings a fresh and flavourful twist to a summer picnic, but is also creamy and comforting in the cooler months. Loaded with protein and fibre-filled chickpeas, potassium-packed raisins and heaps of vitamin C-rich mango, peppers and apple – this salad is great go-to, guaranteed to become a nutritious and delicious addition to your regular rotation. Enjoy!
Curried Chickpea & Mango Pasta Salad
- 375 g 12 oz whole wheat rotini, dry
- 1 cup reduced fat mayonnaise*
- 0.25 cup mango chutney
- 1 Tbsp curry powder madras curry powder is my go-to for this recipe
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cup chickpeas canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 0.5 cup green bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 medium granny smith apple chopped
- 0.5 cup raisins
- 0.25 cup green onions chopped
- 0.25 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Cook rotini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chutney and spices.
- Add pasta, chickpeas, peppers, celery, carrots, apple, raisins, green onions and cilantro. Toss gently to coat.